Archives and Special Collections Roundtable
This Roundtable, re-instituted in 2004, will support and assist those within CUNY who are assigned to and responsible for Archival and Special Collections functions. Roundtable membership is open to all levels of faculty and staff. Our primary goals are:
- To provide a forum for the discussion of professional issues related to Archives and Special Collections.
- To collaborate and coordinate with our fellow members in their duties to collect, preserve, administer, and arrange archives and special collections and make them accessible to researchers.
- To ensure that curators, archivists, and librarians within CUNY are familiar with best practices as outlined by The Society of American Archivists and other professional resources.
- To share our expertise and support our members through workshops, training, and regular roundtable meetings.
- To strive to make all members of the University aware of the value of each college’s heritage and advocate for the establishment and support of Institutional Archives throughout CUNY with adherence to nationally recognized standards.
Roxanne Shirazi (Graduate Center): firstname.lastname@example.org
Annie Tummino (Queens College): Annie.Tummino@qc.cuny.edu
The Archives and Special Collections Roundtable maintains an email list: ARCHSPCCOLL-RT
Contact the Roundtable co-chairs to be added to the discussion list, or send a request to email@example.com with the following subject line and body (yes, it must be in both locations):
SUBSCRIBE listName firstName lastName
Subscribers may post to the list by emailing ARCHSPCCOLL-RT@listserv.cuny.edu.